Sunna n : (Islam) the way of life prescribed as normative for Muslims on the basis of the teachings and practices of Muhammad and interpretations of the Koran [syn: Sunnah, hadith]
Old High German
Nounsunna (gen. sunnūn)
Sunna can refer to:
- Sunna, an Old High German Sun goddess: see Sól (Norse mythology)
- Sunna, an Icelandic name meaning "the sun".
- Sunna, a Saxon chief whose people were widespread in eastern Berkshire, southern England. A number of English place names are derived from this name including Sonning (historically spelled "Sunning"), Sonning Eye, Sunbury, Sunningdale, Sunninghill and Sunningwell, many close to the River Thames.
- Sunne, a municipality in Sweden.
- Sunnah, a part of Islamic law.
- Sunna (band), a defunct British rock band active in the early 2000s.
- Suñña is the Pāli word for "empty" or "void" (see Shunyata), most frequently found in Buddhist texts.
sunna in Dutch: Sunna
sunna in Slovak: Sunna